Comprehensive List of Informative Essay Topics for Students
Informative essays are a great way to show what you know without trying to convince anyone of your opinion. You can write about how to do something, share interesting stories, or talk about your research on cool subjects. The possibilities are truly endless, but finding the perfect topic can be challenging. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive list of over 200 informative essay topics spanning various subjects to help you choose one that sparks your interest.
200+ Informative Essay Topics for High School and College Students
Our extensive list of over 200 engaging informative essay topics will help you create an unforgettable piece to earn that A+ you’ve been striving for!
Interesting Informative Essay Topics
- The impact of social media on teenage mental health
- The history of the English language
- The effects of climate change on marine life
- What are the causes of the American Civil War?
- The impact of plastic on the environment
- The benefits of regular exercise on physical health
- The effects of the Industrial Revolution on society
- The role of women in World War II
- What do we need to know about the history of the Olympic Games?
- The impact of video games on cognitive development
- How was the computer built?
- The causes and effects of air pollution
- The importance of sleep on overall health
- How music impacts our emotions?
- The history of the internet
- The effects of fast food on health
- The causes and effects of deforestation
- What are the benefits of organic farming on the environment?
- The history of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States
- The effects of caffeine on the body
- How is chocolate made?
- What are the causes and effects of poverty?
- The benefits of reading on mental health
- The history of the European Union
- The impact of technology on education
- Creating a work of art
- What are the causes and effects of overpopulation?
- The benefits of volunteering on mental health
- The history of the feminist movement
- The impact of social media on politics
- The process of making paper
- The causes and effects of the Great Depression
- The benefits of adopting a pet on mental health
- The history of the Roman Empire
- The effects of stress on the body
- What are the effects of obesity?
- The benefits of traveling on mental health
- The history of the United Nations
- The impact of technology on privacy
- How hectic is designing a building
- What are the causes and effects of homelessness?
- The benefits of spending time in nature on mental health
- The history of the American Revolution
- How does sugar affect our bodies?
- Making soup – is it difficult
- The causes and effects of cyberbullying
Unique Informative Essay Topics for 8th Grade
With so many topics already covered in the media and academic circles, it’s important to think outside the box and explore unconventional ideas for your informative essay. That being said, here’s a list of unique topics to consider.
- The psychology behind hoarding behaviors
- The history and evolution of tattoos
- The science of dreaming and its meanings
- What is the science behind addiction and substance abuse?
- The impact of climate change on wildlife migration patterns
- The cultural significance of food in different regions of the world
- What do you need to know about the history and impact of the feminist movement?
- The science of memory and how it works
- The effects of sleep deprivation on the brain and body
- The history and impact of jazz music on American culture
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of homeschooling
- The impact of technology on the job market
- What is the science of happiness?
- The effects of childhood trauma on mental health
- The history and impact of the civil rights movement
- The science of nutrition and healthy eating habits
- The history and evolution of video games
- The science of the human brain and its functions
- What are the effects of globalization on culture and society?
- The history and impact of the industrial revolution
- The science of climate change and its effects on the planet
- The impact of artificial intelligence on society and the job market
- The science of phobias and how to overcome them
- How does music affect our brain and mood?
- The history and impact of hip-hop culture
- The science of exercise and its effects on the body and mind
- What is the history and impact of the labor movement?
- The science of addiction and how to recover from it
- The effects of screen time on children’s development
- The history and impact of the disability rights movement
- What do you need to know about the science of genetics and heredity?
- The impact of technology on the environment
- The history and impact of the women’s suffrage movement
- The science of meditation and mindfulness
- How is poverty affecting mental and physical health?
- The history and impact of the environmental movement
- The science of aging and the elderly population
Easy Topics for an Informative Essay
Choosing an essay topic that’s both straightforward and interesting can really help you keep your readers interested and give them some useful information. If you’re ready to start writing a great informative essay, check out our list of easy topics.
- The history of your favorite hobby
- The benefits of eating a balanced diet
- The importance of recycling
- What is the science behind climate change?
- The evolution of technology over time
- The role of women in society throughout history
- How does stress affect our body and mind?
- The impact of video games on children’s development
- The basics of starting a small business
- Why is exercising regularly important?
- The different types of mental health disorders
- The history of your hometown
- How does smoking affect our bodies?
- The science behind sleep and its importance
- The different types of cancer and their causes
- How has the evolution of technology impacted education?
- The benefits of learning a second language
- The evolution of transportation over time
- The impact of fashion on society
- The importance of good communication skills
- The basics of personal finance
- The impact of social media influencers
- The science behind human emotions
- The different types of addictions and their effects
- The importance of mental health awareness
- The impact of technology on social relationships
- Meditation and its benefits.
- The evolution of television over time
- The effects of alcohol on the body
- The science behind how the brain works
- The history of popular sports
- What are the benefits of reading?
- The evolution of photography over time
- The effects of air pollution on health
- The basics of healthy relationships
- The impact of media on body image
- Mindfulness and its benefits
- The history of art movements
- The effects of sleep deprivation on the body and mind
Compare and Contrast Informative Essay Topics
One of the most effective ways to convey information and make a point is by comparing and contrasting two or more things. Speaking of which, these compare-and-contrast essay topics might serve as a great option for your informative essay.
- Traditional vs. Online Learning
- Public vs. Private School Education
- Urban vs. Rural Living
- Living with Parents vs. Living Alone
- Eastern vs. Western Medicine
- Ancient Greek vs. Roman Mythology
- Physical Books vs. eBooks
- City vs. Country Life
- Online vs. In-Store Shopping
- Renting vs. Owning a Home
- Dogs vs. Cats as Pets
- High School vs. College Life
- Fiction vs. Nonfiction Writing
- The American vs. The French Revolution
- The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones
- Traditional vs. Modern Gender Roles
- Communism vs. Capitalism
- Vegetarian vs. Meat-Based Diets
- Nuclear vs. Extended Family Structures
- The United States vs. United Kingdom Healthcare Systems
- Books vs. Movies as a Form of Entertainment
- Traditional vs. Digital Advertising
- Traditional vs. Online Banking
- Organic vs. Non-Organic Farming
- Ancient Egyptian vs. Greek Art
- The Impact of Traditional vs. Modern Technologies
- Public Transportation vs. Personal Vehicles
- Eastern vs. Western Philosophy
- Physical vs. Online Fitness Programs
- American Football vs. Soccer
- Renewable vs. Non-Renewable Energy Sources
- Online vs. In-Person Job Interviews
- North vs. South Korea
- Facebook vs. Twitter as Social Media Platforms
- Natural vs. Synthetic Materials
- Self-Driving vs. Human-Operated Vehicles
- The Different Types of Renewable Energy Sources
- The Impact of Capitalism vs. Socialism on Society
- Apple vs. Samsung Products
- The Different Types of Mental Health Therapies
- Traditional vs. Online Dating
- Traditional vs. Modern Forms of Art
- Classical vs. Modern Music
- Traditional vs. Online Retail Shopping
- Developing vs. Developed Countries
- Humanitarian vs. Military Intervention
- The Pros and Cons of Living in a Big City vs. a Small Town
Funny Informative Essay Topics
Who says informative essays have to be boring? With these funny topics, you can make your readers laugh while still providing them valuable information.
- The Art of Procrastination: How to Waste Time Effectively
- How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse: Lessons from Hollywood
- The Benefits of Being Lazy: Can Doing Nothing Make You More Productive?
- The Science of Hangovers: Understanding the Aftermath of a Wild Night Out
- The Art of Napping: How to Take a Great Nap Anytime, Anywhere
- The Secret Life of Cats: Understanding Your Feline Friends
- The Art of Sarcasm: How to Use Humor to Your Advantage
- The History of Farting: From Ancient Times to Modern-Day Flatulence
- The Science of Laughter: Why Do We Laugh and What Makes Something Funny?
- The Dos and Don’ts of Breaking Wind: Etiquette Tips for Farting in Public
- How to Avoid Awkward Small Talk: Tips for Introverts
- The Art of Trolling: How to Drive People Crazy on the Internet
- How to Be a Couch Potato: A Guide to Mastering the Art of Laziness
- The History of Meme Culture: From Cat Pictures to TikTok Dances
- How to Be a Procrastinator: A Comprehensive Guide
- The Art of Being Single: How to Enjoy the Single Life
- The History of Practical Jokes: From Whoopie Cushions to Fake Spiders
- The Benefits of Daydreaming: Why Your Brain Needs a Break
- The Science of Hiccups: Understanding the Annoying Spasms
- The Art of Telling Dad Jokes: How to Make Everyone Groan
- The History of Prank Calls: From Crank Yankers to Jerky Boys
- How to Be a Stand-Up Comedian: Tips for Making People Laugh
- The Art of Being a Slacker: A Guide to Doing Nothing
- The History of Clowns: From Court Jesters to Stephen King’s “It”
- How to Be a Master of Puns: A Guide to Wordplay
- The Science of Sarcasm: Why We Use It and How It Works
- The Art of Procrastination: Why Putting Things Off Can Be a Good Thing
- The History of Graffiti: From Cave Drawings to Street Art
- How to Be a Professional Couch Potato: A Guide to Watching TV
- The Art of Being a Weirdo: Embracing Your Inner Quirkiness
- The Benefits of Sleep: Why You Should Snooze More Often
- The History of Memes: From Dancing Baby to Woman Yelling at a Cat
- How to Be a Professional Cat Lady: Tips for Loving Your Feline Friends
- The Science of Selfies: Why We Love Taking Pictures of Ourselves
- The Art of Being a Procrastinator: How to Get Things Done Last Minute
- The History of Stand-Up Comedy: From Vaudeville to Netflix Specials
- How to Be a Professional Foodie: Tips for Eating Your Way Around the World
- The Art of Being a Drama Queen: How to Make Every Little Thing a Big Deal
- The Science of Tickling: Why It Makes Us Laugh and Squirm
- The History of Internet Trolling: From Chat Rooms to Twitter
- How to Be a Professional Couch Surfer: A Guide to Napping Anywhere
- The Art of Being a Weirdo: How to Embrace Your Inner Oddball
- The Benefits of Sarcasm: Why We Should All Be More
Important Tips for Picking up a good Informative Essay Topic
The topic you choose for your informative essay can make or break your entire piece. Here are some helpful tips to guide you in selecting a winning topic.
Go with your interest
When you are interested in a topic, you are more likely to research and write about it with enthusiasm, which can make your essay more engaging and interesting.
Do Good Research
Before you choose a topic, do some preliminary research to ensure that there is enough information available to write a comprehensive essay. You should also make sure that the information you find is reliable and credible.
Consider Your Audience
Think about who your audience is and what they might be interested in learning about. This can help you choose a topic that is relevant and interesting to them.
Focus on a Specific Aspect
Instead of choosing a broad topic, try to focus on a specific aspect of it. This will make it easier to write a well-researched and informative essay.
Avoid Controversial Topics
While controversial topics can be interesting, they can also be divisive and polarizing. If you choose a controversial topic, be sure to present both sides of the argument in a balanced way.
Choose a Current Topic
Current topics are often more relevant and interesting to readers. Look for topics that are currently in the news or that are trending on social media.
Make Sure the Topic is Appropriate
Finally, make sure that the topic is appropriate for the assignment and the class you are writing for. If in doubt, consult with your instructor or professor.
Elevate Your Writing with Expert Assistance!
Finding the perfect topic for an essay can be a tough nut to crack. But don’t worry as you can trust our paper writing service! We can help you pick a topic that’s relevant to your field and that’ll really grab your reader’s attention. Plus, we can provide you with top-notch, custom-written essays that are informative, engaging, and up to academic standards.
Informative essays are an excellent opportunity for high school and college students to showcase their knowledge and expertise on a variety of subjects. To make your essay really great, pick a subject you care about and do a ton of research. From science and technology to history and politics, there is always something new to learn and explore. The primary purpose of this informational write-up is to familiarize you with most of these interesting topics. Still, if you need help with writing your essay, order now and get an experienced writer on your side.